cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Increasing checkstyle setting for source code line size
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:31:25 GMT
On Monday, January 09, 2012 12:16:59 PM Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> currently the limit for the line size in source code is 110. This often
> leads to strange formattings. I typically have a display where I could
> easily have 160 characters per line. So I propose we could at least
> increase the limit to 130 characters.

My display right now is 108, although I do vary it a bit depending on what I'm
doing.  Thus, I'm kind of against going up much higher than that.   Certainly
the Camel 180+ drives me completely nuts.    I guess I would be OK with
120-125 or so, but I really wouldn't like to see it higher than that.

--
Daniel Kulp