cxf-dev mailing list archives

From janb <jbernha...@talend.com>
Subject X509TokenValidator
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:15:54 GMT
Hi I think I found a bug in X509TokenValidator class, but before posting a
new jira entry I would like to get your confirmation in this behalf.

As far as I understand this matter and please correct me if I'm wrong:
There are two crypto handler I can configure:
<entry key="ws-security.signature.crypto" value-ref="..."/>
<entry key="ws-security.encryption.crypto" value-ref="..."/>

ws-security.signature.crypto is for my own signature, when sending messages,
and to decrypt messages, which have been send to me. (here is my private
key)
ws-security.encryption.crypto is for encrypting messages before sending and
validating of signatures in received messages. (here are all my trusted
public keys/CAs)

If this is correct, I assume that the following line (101) in cxf Version
2.5.0 needs to be updated:

Crypto sigCrypto = stsProperties.getSignatureCrypto();

Because here the signature of a received message should be verified, but the
crypto provider for my own signature is called/used.

((I want to store my private key in a local keystore and get public keys via
an XKMS CryptoProvider. As far as I understud this would not word with this
X509TokenValidator...))

Best regards
Jan