cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundles and split packages....
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 19:21:59 GMT
Big +1 from me on this (obviously). The fragment approach seems like a
sensible idea to me as a migration strategy.

WRT to changing packages, if you are really worried about backward
compatibility but would like to refactor the split packages out you
*could* consider renaming the package and creating a compatibility
bundle or fragment that contains the 'old' split packages and
delegates to the new ones. The users can slowly migrate. Non-migrated
users would need the compat bundle. Migrated ones will not need it...
It's not always practical, but it's an option to consider...

Cheers,

David