cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One other fissile idea, the maven plugins
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:56:21 GMT
On Monday, December 12, 2011 11:41:34 AM Benson Margulies wrote:
> I'll answer your question with a question.
>
> Could the maven plugins be in the build last, so that they could have
> the same sort of integration tests as all the maven plugins at Maven
> and Mojo?

Well, no.   We need the plugins (well, at least the wsdl2java one) fairly
early as we use it to generate a LOT of code that the unit tests and system
tests use all over the place.   The only other option would be to use exec
plugin or something to call off to the wsdl2java command line stuff which
would really suck.

> If so, I completely withdraw my idea. If not, I guess I
> can't make a really good argument, and the tests could just live 'over
> there' in systests as they do now.

Well, there is another option.   There is no reason why the systests for the
plugins need to be in /systest.  Feel free to create a /maven-plugins/systests
or something and move them there.   The services (like the sts) pretty much do
that now.     That way, you can just go into /maven-plugins and run mvn there
and not run the full build and such.

I guess the question really is "what artifacts do you need from CXF to write
proper ittests for the plugin?"   Is it just the same things that are needed
to run the plugins or do you need more?   I'm certainly OK with requiring a
"mvn -Pfastinstall" prior to running the itests if that would get the
artifacts that are needed installed.

--
Daniel Kulp