cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activators for individual frontends
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:50:47 GMT
On 19/12/11 10:35, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi KL, All,
>
> On 16/12/11 22:34, K Fung wrote:
>
>>> In 2.5.2 on later we can think of introducing an activator into the
>>> jaxrs
>> frontend so that it can discover custom Applications and providers
>> registered as OSGI services
>>
>> Perhaps we should have a discussion on a separate thread to discuss
>> how you
>> envision seeing this? In particular, I'm wondering what's the
>> baseline/environment you think this would be running. For example, right
>> now there is no activator in the CXF JAX-RS bundle but what are the
>> consequence of an activator in 2.5.2+ - can it be disabled? Do we rely on
>> the OSGI HttpService or do we use a built-in Jetty? Can we support both?
>>
>> I guess you can see that I'm pretty interested in this topic :-)
>
> I was thinking earlier on that CXF can get a master/root activator which
> will provide BundleContext, etc to individual activators which say JAXWS
> and JAXRS frontends may offer; I think these activators will not act as
> independent activators on its own

I guess they actually may once we get individual modules OSGI-fied. But
when get cxf-bundle or cxf-rs bundle deployed these activators are plain
beans; I think they have to get hold of the root activator, which is
org.apache.cxf.bus.osgi.OSGiExtensionLocator, and get BundleContext from
it and do whatever they need to do - ServiceTrack(er) the Application
interfaces, or in case of JAX-WS listening on bundles with jaxws
annotations, something like that, etc.
IMHO that will be actually cool - will add a lot of dynamism, and it
won't interfere with say the existing deployment model where we create
blueprint or spring contexts

What I don't understand is how say OSGiExtensionLocator will pass
BundleContext to frontend-specific Activator beans.

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders