cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to contribue a CXF JAX-RS OSGi Sample?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:21:57 GMT
Hi KL

On 16/12/11 22:13, K Fung wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I've uploaded the final version (for now) to CXF-3859. I've bumped up the
> version to 2.5.2-SNAPSHOT and commented out the Apache Snapshot repository.
> Hopefully, this meets the quality bar for commit :-)

I'm sorry - I should've put it into 2.5.1 - but it will definitely make
it into 2.5.2 - and I hope it would be of interest to users.

> I did investigate creating the JAXRSServerFactoryBean directly (instead of
> subclassing CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet). If I went down this route, I would
> have had to include a dependency on Jetty directly (as the traffic wouldn't
> be provided via the OSGI HttpService) or duplicate much of the servlet code
> in CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet. In the end, I decided that it just wasn't
> worth it.

Sounds right...
In 2.5.2 on later we can think of introducing an activator into the
jaxrs frontend so that it can discover custom Applications and providers
registered as OSGI services

thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin