cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Different namespaces for CXF Blueprint and Spring schemas
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:45:22 GMT
Hi

At the moment we have different namespaces for Blueprint and Spring
schemas, example:

"http://cxf.apache.org/blueprint/core"
"http://cxf.apache.org/core"

and so on for all other namespaces.

I'd like to propose to keep a single namespace, example,
"http://cxf.apache.org/core", etc.

Spring schemas are located in /schemas resource folders,
and blueprint ones in /schemas-blueprint, so I guess Blueprint and
Spring will know where to look for their schemas.

IMHO we should do before it is too late, it may be problematic now, but
may be that is what we should do for 2.6 and document it in the
Migration guide.

Or is the idea that in Blueprint CXF might offer some features that
won't be possible in Spring ? That may be of interest but I guess in
that case we can have two namespaces for using in Blueprint:
"http://cxf.apache.org/blueprint/core"
"http://cxf.apache.org/core"

with the former one identifying the schema which say imports the schema
identified by the latter ns and adds some Blueprint centric extensions

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders