cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different namespaces for CXF Blueprint and Spring schemas
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:26:47 GMT
On Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:15:27 PM Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> What about having a single target  namespace even with one schema used
> by Spring & 2nd - by Blueprint, example:
>
> <!-- Spring -->
> <xs:xmlns targetNamespace="http://cxf.apache.org/core"
> xmlns:tns="http://cxf.apache.org/core">
> <!-- Spring-aware schema -->
> </xs:xmlns>
>
> <!-- Blueprint -->
> <xs:xmlns targetNamespace="http://cxf.apache.org/core"
> xmlns:tns="http://cxf.apache.org/core">
> <!-- Blueprint-aware schema -->
> </xs:xmlns>

This is basically what Aki was trying to do with RM and I kind of objected to
which started the whole discussion.   It more or less goes against the whole
idea of 1:1 relationship between schema and namespace and does cause various
other issues.

For example, we now have a nice .htaccess file in place that redirects the
namespace URL's to the appropriate schema so things like XML editors can
easily pick them up and provide nice contextual information while editing the
XML.    If you have the same namespace mapped to two separate schemas, that no
longer would work and we're right back to where we started with that.

If we change the areas of core from the Spring specific types to xsd:anyType,
we likely could do it.   That's acutally how the interceptor lists work
already.  I'm honestly not sure why the properties don't already do it that
way.

A good start might just be to identify the areas that are different between
the schemas and just list them out.    If flipping from mapType -> xsd:anyType
would fix it in all the cases, it might just be worth doing.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp