cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove xml-resolver dependency
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 02:36:59 GMT
On Friday, December 16, 2011 10:20:38 AM Jim Ma wrote:
> Hi ,
> Since all the equivalent classes in xml-resolver.jar are all packaged in
> jaxb-xjc.jar. We can change the org.apache.cxf.catalog.CataLogManager to
> use com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.* class to decrease 82k
> distribution size. If there is no objection, I am going to commit the
> change.

Yes.  I object.   jaxb-xjc is not needed at runtime.   Other than the
DynamicClient, nothing uses it at runtime.   If you are just using pure jaxws,
you don't need jaxb-xjc.

Thus, you may be decreasing the distribution by 82K, but you are then adding a
3.1M to the runtime requirements.    I'm not really willing to do that.

Plus, the idea of depending on something in an "internal" package
fundamentally bothers me.

--
Daniel Kulp