cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archetypes
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:40:36 GMT
On Monday, November 14, 2011 9:52:36 PM Benson Margulies wrote:
> I now know how to make archetypes.
>
> 1) Make a project that looks like:
>
> git://github.com/bimargulies/cxf-jaxrs-archetype.git
>
> 2) run mvn archetype:create-from-project
>
> 3) clean out unwanted cruft.
>
> 4) check in.
>
> Should we make a home in SVN for these archetype-originals?

Does it really matter?   The entire "step 3" above kind of makes it so we
cannot just re-generate the archetypes from the originals very easily again.

If you want, we can create someplace (likely outside of trunk, maybe
"cxf/archetype-templates" or similar) to put them.   Doesn't really matter to
me.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org