cxf-dev mailing list archives

From K Fung <kfung4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to contribue a CXF JAX-RS OSGi Sample?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 04:28:40 GMT
Hi all,

I've uploaded the initial code sample to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3859 to garner the first round of
feedback. Per request, it includes a README to explains how it works.

In particular, I'm looking feedback for the following issues:

- What's your opinion to using the Application model instead of
JAXRSServerFactoryBean directly?
- Is it okay not to use the latest Eclipse Equinox? I'm not using the latest
Eclipse Equinox at the moment because 1) it has issues with Felix due to use
of generics and 2) the required services bundle is not registered in Maven
- What do you think about using Apache Felix's File Install to install the
bundles?
- Does the README require further enhancement or more description or perhaps
more documentation is necessary within the sample itself?

Before I declare it fit for prime time, I would like to work on the
following things:

- Check if sample runs correctly on Java 5
- Check if sample should be compiled with other samples when running maven
on the parent pom
- Provide a run.sh sample (in addition to the current run.bat)
- Provide an enhancement that includes the use of Apache Abdera to show the
(optional) import of the Abdera bundles

I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say ... the good, the bad,
and the ugly :-)

Regards,
kl