cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to contribue a CXF JAX-RS OSGi Sample?
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 15:29:46 GMT
Hi -

On 07/10/11 21:53, K Fung wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Thank you for the feedback.
>
> I'll work on getting the code compilable in the examples folder and
> then submit a JIRA task to track its submission into trunk. I'll
> definitely include a README to talk about it does (which I presume
> will be the basis for the wiki page).
>
> The initial scope for the the sample code would be to demonstrate a
> "Hello World" type of application but I would definitely want to
> extend it to include some of the more common features utilized (e.g.,
> JAXB) so that consuming teams don't need to go through as much work as
> I did to initially get this code to work.

Yes, please create a JIRA and attach the contribution there and we can
then review what is the best way to handle it.

> FYI, this example works fine in both Eclipse Equinox and Apache Felix
> so it isn't tied to a particular OSGI runtime.

Sounds good. FYI, the demos I mentioned run in Karaf which can use
either Equinox or Felix. I'm wondering though how the use of ServiceMix
bundles can be avoided as they are just proper OSGI bundles, so look
forward to seeing the example :-)

Thanks, Sergey