cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DiSCUSS] WS-Notification
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:29:22 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

my comments inline:

> Yes, we discussed that, but a few features that are not provided by a pure
> JMS layer are needed (mostly the ability to know when consumers on a give
> topic subscribe / unsubscribe, and also composite destinations).
> I think it's a definitely a nice to have to be able to work with another JMS
> broker in a degraded mode or something like that, but from a pure
> WS-Notification pov, it's really an implementation detail.

Yeah, even if we are in degraded mode, it would be great to be able to
work with any (or at least a wide range) JMS broker.

>> - use a fully OSGi compliant implementation
>>

> You mean be able to deploy it as a bundle, or something more than that ?  I
> guess the main services could be exposed as OSGi services

I main expose the WS-N as a set of OSGi services (to register the
consumer, etc).

.

>> - be able to describe the WS-N endpoint (poll, etc) in Spring/Blueprint CXF
>> and in Camel
>>

> I'm not so sure about the real need.  That was possible with the servicemix
> component, but afaik, most users used it in a pure web services standard
> way.  But it should not be so difficult to add it back by leveraging jaxb.

It's just a way to "declare" the endpoint. In ServiceMix, we describe
the endpoint using the xbean.xml, The purpose is to provide a
declarative way (in a Spring beans, or blueprint) at least for the WS-N
server. It's more a configuration purpose.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré