cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of 2.5.0 release.....
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:44:32 GMT
On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:32:55 AM Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I'm working on getting the WS-MakeConnection support in place, and
> expect to have that working by the end of the week.

Keep me up to date.  If I can help, feel free to ask.   :-)

> Aside from that, I saw you'd fixed some issues in the interface to JiBX,
> and mentioned having to work around some issues in the JiBX code itself.
> What were the JiBX issues you ran into? I'm planning to do a new JiBX
> release, and although it may not be in time for the CXF 2.5.0 release
> it'd be good to have the fixes in for 2.5.1.

Well, I'm not really sure they were bugs in JiBX.  It's very likely to be
issues in how we're calling the JiBX tooling.   It would be very good if you
were to look into that a bit.     If you try with the WSDL attached to:

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/cxf-2-4-3-jibx-databinding-
td4903143.html#a4915436

When we called the BindingUtils.getDefinitions method to get the
classname/qname maps, we're not getting anything as it looks like it wasn't
traversing into the imports or something.  I was able to work around that a
little by traversing into those myself.   I'm not sure if that's the intent or
not.   However, it also looks like the QNames set into the MappingElement
never includes the Namespace for elementFormDefault="unqualified" schemas.
However, for top level elements, they are always qualified.   I try to detect
that and generate better QNames, but I'm not sure what the intention was
there.

I did have to fix a bunch of issues with how we were calling the JiBX tooling.
We were DEFINITELY doing it wrong.   How we're doing it now seems to be better
(not generating a bunch of warnings and such from JiBX) but I'm still not sure
it's "correct".

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp