cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Async http requests and workqueue....
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 01:31:30 GMT

I have a question for folks to see what folks would think is the "best
option".    Basically, if you use one of the JAX-WS async methods on a client
when talking to an HTTP service, we have to put a runnable on the workqueue to
handle the response.   The question is, what should we do if the workqueue is
full?  Could options:

1) (current behavior) Throw the RejectedExecutionException so the user knows
they are exceeding defaults and likely should reconfigure things.

2) Loop in a Thread.yield and retry putting it on the queue until successfull.

3) Run the runnable synchronously on the calling thread.

Likely 2 and 3 would both log a WARNING to let the user know to reconfigure.

Obviously, the best solution would be to finish the work I did to use the
apache http-client instead of the HttpURLConnection, but lets not go there
right now.  :-)

Anyway, thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp