cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of 2.5.0 release.....
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:56:15 GMT
On Friday, October 28, 2011 9:13:41 AM Freeman Fang wrote:
> Many thanks Dan.
>
> FYI, Gert will do a servicemix spec 1.9.0  and bundles  release
> tomorrow,  how about you hold CXF release for another 3 or 4 days so
> that
> CXF features.xml also use servicemix spec 1.9.0 and new saaj-
> impl-1.3.9 which has the fix for JDK5?

For 2.4.4, sure.  I have no problem waiting a bit longer for that one.   Since
I'm really just doing that one for SMX, I'm definitely OK with deferring that
until they have all the pieces in place to help make them successful.  I won't
do this one today.   Not a problem.   Saves me some time today.  :-)

For 2.5.0, no.   I (and the team at Talend) have done a TON of testing in OSGi
using the current bundle set.   We've spent the last month identifying issues,
figuring out the intricacies of getting it all working together, etc...   I'd
much rather get the current known working stuff out there and then go back and
retest with the new sets and do a 2.5.1.   I have absolutely no problem doing
a 2.5.1 in a few weeks with this and any other fixes.   But we've held up the
release long enough, IMO, and I want to get it out there.   I was hoping to
get it out several weeks ago.   Already way behind what I had hoped for.
Release sooner.  Release often.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp