cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] how to handle ws_security/interopfest example
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 02:18:56 GMT
Hi Team,

Due to the Microsoft WCF security related server down for quite a
while(probably over a year and I'm not sure if they can come back
again), so the ws_security/interopfest examples shipped with kit
doesn't work, I know that wssec10, wssec11, and wssc samples in
samples/ws_security/interopfest have local server, but those local
server also need download wsdl(I don't think we can ship those wsdls
for license reason) during runtime from Microsoft WCF server, so if
Microsoft WCF server is down, even local server doesn't work.

Currently we have a NOTES like
IMPORTANT NOTE:  since these samples rely on the external services
that are provided
by Microsoft, they may or may not run or even build reliably if the
services are down
or have been changed.

But if Microsoft WCF server never come back, it means those examples
will never work again,  so it's not a good experience for end user.
Should we contact Microsoft to ask the server back(:-))?   Should we
remove those examples? Or should we just leave it as is?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Best Regards
Freeman

Freeman Fang