cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] how to handle ws_security/interopfest example
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 01:35:33 GMT

On 2011-9-16, at 上午12:56, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Colm and I were discussing this a bit yesterday as well.  I'm not
> really sure
> what to do.  :-(
>
> One thought I had was that if we could somehow get the wsdl's (any Mac
> TimeMachine users that may have them from a previous build or
> something?) I
> could throw them up on my personal server for now.   Reconfigure the
> examples
> to then just use the local server.   That would work for WS-Sec, and
> WS-SC
> tests, but not the Trust due to the need for the MS STS.   With Colm's
> proposal this morning, we could have an STS as well.
Thanks Dan for this kind suggestion.
But put the wsdl in a personal server still make cxf example rely on
some outside servers, though I believe your server must be more stable
than the MS one :-), I prefer that cxf examples can run standalone.

> That said, the above is a bit of work and I'm not sure how worth it
> that would
> be at this point.  If we're going to to all that work, it's probably
> just
> better to create a couple new "simpler" samples that show the
> various security
> options.  For example, if we pull in the STS, a good example that
> uses that to
> show using SAML to secure a service or similar might be a bit more
> useful than
> the interopfest things that just test a bunch of policies.
I like the idea that create a couple new "simpler" samples that show
the various security options, as cxf could have a better STS as well
soon.
How about we exclude ws_security/interopfest example from kit for now
and we can add more useful security related examples later on.

Regards
Freeman