cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - STS framework implementation contribution
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 02:23:28 GMT
+1 for we introduce a services module to house these kind of Service
which is based on CXF and can be use out of box :)

It could be helpful for the user to use this kind of Enterprise service
more easily.

On 9/16/11 1:07 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:27:06 PM Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
>> In my opinion, this implementation will greatly enhance CXF's security
>> story and will help to drive new users to the product. I would like to
>> ask the CXF community for their opinion on this contribution (+1/-1?).
>

> As someone who's been trying to push for this in Talend, I'm obviously +1 to the idea.
  This is very similar to the discussion we had back in July [1] about moving the WS-Notification
stuff from
> ServiceMix into CXF.  Obviously no work has been done toward that (yet), but I still
support the idea of being able to have "out of the box" some of these enterprise level services
that can make
> using CXF in more complex environments easier and more approachable.
>
>> I would also like to ask for opinions on where it should go in the
>> source - a new services module, or perhaps a subproject?
>
> I personally prefer creating a new "services/sts" directory in cxf/trunk to house this.
  One problem with subprojects is they seem to attract their little sub-communities and they
end up really
> being separate from the main community.   They can languish based on old versions (like
our current DOSGi issue), not release often enough, etc...   I'd just prefer to keep it in
trunk so it's

--
Willem