cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] how to handle ws_security/interopfest example
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 02:23:38 GMT
Can we download em and mark it as not functional from the M$ side?

On Sep 14, 2011, at 8:18 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Due to the Microsoft WCF security related server down for quite a while(probably over
a year and I'm not sure if they can come back again), so the ws_security/interopfest examples
shipped with kit  doesn't work, I know that wssec10, wssec11, and wssc samples in samples/ws_security/interopfest
have local server, but those local server also need download wsdl(I don't think we can ship
those wsdls for license reason) during runtime from Microsoft WCF server, so if Microsoft
WCF server is down, even local server doesn't work.

> Currently we have a NOTES like
> IMPORTANT NOTE:  since these samples rely on the external services that are provided
> by Microsoft, they may or may not run or even build reliably if the services are down
> or have been changed.
>
> But if Microsoft WCF server never come back, it means those examples will never work
again,  so it's not a good experience for end user. Should we contact Microsoft to ask the
server back(:-))?   Should we remove those examples? Or should we just leave it as is?