cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Move some modules around
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:45:41 GMT

I'd like to move some modules around in the src tree.   Basically, we've been
hanging some stuff off of modules in distribution that really are no longer
tied completely to the distribution.  In particular, a lot of the stuff in
there is actually more important for OSGi than for the actual CXF
distribution.    The karaf stuff, for example, really has nothing to do with
the distribution at all.

I'd like to create a top level /osgi directory.   In there, we'd move the
distribution/karaf and distribution/bundles directories.   Eventually, we
could create an "/osgi/tests" or something that could include specific OSGi
related tests. (pax-exam based maybe?)    I don't think the artifact/group
id's of anything needs to change.  Just the parent location entries in the
poms.

Is everyone OK with that?  Does it make sense?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org