cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove the integration/jca examples from trunk/CXF 2.4.x branches?
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:55:17 GMT
Team, with the exception of removing the JBI functionality, the CXF
integration/JCA examples[1] have not been touched in 3 yrs. 10 months--and
then just to add WebLogic[2], 4 yrs. 10 months in everything else[3].
Should we nuke them from TRUNK and CXF 2.4.x branches?  They seem to be
obsolete (instructions for loading on JBoss 4, Weblogic still on "bea"
namespace) and unmavenized to boot.

As Dan reminded us earlier for the MTOSI example, they're still available in
every CXF production distribution as of this date, so they can always be
viewed by somebody interested in looking at them by downloading an older CXF
version and restorable to the branches if and when somebody wishes to update
them.  If someone is planning on updating these examples, I guess we can
keep them but if nobody's interested in doing so I think it's best to remove
them.

Regards,
Glen

[1]