cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxies as abstract classes?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:55:45 GMT
HI

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2011 7:31:37 AM Benson Margulies wrote:
>> Has anyone ever considered the utility or practicality of generating a
>> concrete subclass of an abstract class as a proxy? All the standards
>> we conform to are relentless about interfaces, aren't they?
>
> Using ASM or cglib to do this really shouldn't be too hard if it's something
> you really wanted to tackle.  :-)    The ClientProxyFactory stuff would need
> to be updated to call cls.isInterface() and do something a bit smarter if it's
> not.   Not really sure what the demand for something like that would be
> though.

ProxyHelper in common utils can help in case of cglib being used.
This feature can be of interest for creating JAX-RS proxies because
JAX-RS root resources
are often not implementing any interfaces at all, this is why I'm
finding it useful when writing tests :-)

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com