cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Ramos <javatucson-...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CXF on Eclipse-WS Indigo in pain
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:42:03 GMT
Daniel Kulp <dkulp@...> writes:

> Is there more to that stack trace?    There should be at least one more
> "Caused by" at the end of that where the actual location of the NPE should be
> found.  Right now, I have no idea.
>
> In regards to removing the wsdlLocation attribute from <jaxws:endpoint>, in
> that case, it would be picking it up from the @WebService annotation and you
> have it defined as:
>
> http://localhost:8080/Coplink_LEXS_Service/services/SRWebServiceBean?wsdl
>
> Thus, it's trying to load it from there, but tomcat likely hasn't even started
> the 8080 port yet.   If it has, it's likely looping trying to start the
> service which needs the wsdl so it starts the service, etc....

I traced this all the way down to a bug in Class.getEnumConstants()

See bug 7068755.

Unfortunately, the perception CXF/JAXB/Java in my small world has already been
damaged.  The opinion of some now is that CXF/JAXB/Java can't handle large web
services.  Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

-Ray