cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ray <javatucson-...@yahoo.com>
Subject CXF on Eclipse-WS Indigo in pain
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:57:38 GMT
My environment is Eclipse Indigo with CXF 2.4.1 and Tomcat 6.0.26.  The eclipse
WS tool for generating servlet and java class files from a wsdl and xsd's
failed.  The problem here, I think, is that the eclipse-ws tool is ignoring my
endorsed jars and trying to build using JAXS 2.1 instead of 2.2.1 used by CXF
2.4.1.  So I manually created using wsdl2java which succeeded and manually
created a web.xml using the web site user's guide.

Now I'm trying to run the service but I have Tomcat startup errors that I can't
figure out.  Everything is still fairly simple and seems to be named correctly.
 I'm not sure what else to try.  Please advise.  Thanks

beans.xml:
<jaxws:endpoint xmlns:tns="http://usdoj.gov/leisp/lexs/searchretrieve/3.1/ws"
     id="lexssearchretrieveporttype"
     implementor="gov.usdoj.leisp.lexs.searchretrieve_3_1.
        ws.LEXSSearchRetrievePortTypeImpl"
     wsdlLocation="wsdl/SRWebService.wsdl" endpointName="tns:SRWebServiceBean"
     serviceName="tns:SRWebService" address="/SRWebServiceBean">
</jaxws:endpoint>

WebService annotation;
@javax.jws.WebService(serviceName = "SRWebService",
     portName="SRWebServiceBean",
     targetNamespace = "http://usdoj.gov/leisp/lexs/searchretrieve
        /3.1/ws",
     wsdlLocation = "http://localhost:8080/Coplink_LEXS_Service/services
        /SRWebServiceBean?wsdl",
     endpointInterface = "gov.usdoj.leisp.lexs.searchretrieve_3_1.
        ws.LEXSSearchRetrievePortType")

Partial Tomcat stack trace:
SEVERE: Context initialization failed
with name 'lexssearchretrieveporttype': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1420)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
	at
Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:350)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:239)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:509)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.
java:25)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1544)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1485)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.
initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1417)
	... 27 more