cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Tanveer ul Islam <tanveer.aimfo...@gmail.com>
Subject How to interrupt Web Service?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:00:46 GMT
Greetings All,

In my web application when user clicks a button to load data, a call is
given to remote web service. That web service takes very long as it has to
do a heavy DB related task. In the mean time user can navigate away or
cancel the request. If this happens, i also want the processing on the
server to be interrupted. This means Web Service + Database queries +
Executing Thread should be interrupted. My question is what is the right way
to cancel/interrupt a web service invocation. How can i find out on the
server side that the user has cancelled the request?

--
Thanks | Regards,

*Tanveer ul Islam*

*Senior Java Developer*