cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "xuhb" <x...@tongtech.com>
Subject Exception(Unexpected end of file from server) of CXF
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:34:26 GMT
Recently I always encounter a "Unexpected end of file from server" Exception at CXF client
side.  it seems this exception is caused by  the CXF Serverside has unexcepted release the
http connection ;

 I tried some effort to to use a simple test case to regenerate such a exception; Following
is a simple test case which will cause such a exception.

keypoint of the test case:
1)MTOM enabled;
2)Using Jetty-Transport at serverside, and using SUN JDK's http client at client side;
3)the service logical is simple: first consume all attachment and close it; then wait for
a long time (about 10 miniutes);
In practice, there is no such a service which will block for so long time, but in the simple
test case, I must use such a long time to force such a exception occurs;

4)set the client side 's receiveTime to a infinite time(almost) to avoid receive time out
exception. then the client will block to wait service , but after about 7 minutes a ""Unexpected
end of file from server"  Exception will raised at client side;

Other key points I have tried:
1)At first I guess maybe this is the jetty-server's problem: I guess it will release connection
 silently while the servlet-handler execute too long time;
  But unfortunately it 's not so .

Because I tried another simple test case, which doesnt generate such a exception . The only
difference is: there is no attachment in xml data; Also the service will wait a very long
time( 10minutes, 20minutes I have tried) . And the client will blocking util service returned;

Ps: the stack of the Exception is :

org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.
 at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: SocketException invoking http://localhost:9000/service/moreattachmentsrpcliteral:
Unexpected end of file from server
 at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.mapException(HTTPConduit.java:1385)
 at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1370)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
 at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:763)
 at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
 at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:760)
 at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:983)
 at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
 at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponseInternal(HTTPConduit.java:1490)
 at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1448)
 at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1356)
 ... 35 more