cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject LocationAwareness in Slf4jLogger
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:10:50 GMT
Hi,

The current CXF Slf4jLogger just invokes the internal slf4j logger object. In
this way, it cannot show the original logging location.
For example, when logging configuration contains something like '%C:%L', it
prints the Slf4jLogger class name and its line number instead of the caller's
class name and its line number.
In order to show the original logging locations nicely, we can use
org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger#log(, fqcn, ...) operation. With provision of
the FQCN of the wrapper class (Slf4jLogger, in this case), the underlying slf4j
logger will find the exact logging location.
Shall I create a patch for this with a JIRA issue?

Kind regards,

Woonsan