cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Zoerner <ryanzoer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJBInvoker, progress, observations, questions about EJB creation organization, other various questions.
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 02:44:52 GMT
>Do you agree or do you still see the need to have custom
>JAXRSEJBInvoker & custom EJBResourceProvider ? I'm not sure what
>JAXRSEJBInvoker will do ?

Then, in order to create the EJBInstance, it would be nice to have some
create EJB Instance method, as described before, which
would take things like the web.xml file as params, and then create the
IDeployable, create the EJBInstance, and from that JContainer3,
create the appropriate factory, since the container already automatically
selects which factory to instantiate. That factory can either
sit in RP, which is where these methods might go, or possibly as some
EJBPackageCreationUtility class that is called by RP, or
perhaps, factory could be passed to InvokerFactory, but I think that because
JAX-RS, you might want to keep the RP model.

>Do you mean Invoker asks InvokerFactory to manage the lifecycle ?

Yes, invoker calls create and release in InvokerFactory.
So the instance from pool management specifically happens in Invoker
Factory.

>Do you think JAXRSEJBInvoker should extend JAXRSInvoker

yes.

>and decorate
>the invocation with something similar to what
>EasyBeansCXFInvoker does ?

Ok. So, EasyBeansCXFInvoker copies stuff from the AbstractInvoker that it
extends

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~zoerner/downloads/dev/referenced_in_mailing_list_question/test_easybeans_invoke.java

You can see that in the invoke method, until the exception catching occurs,
that all of the
lines, with the exception of packaging the response into a list, are taken
exactly from
either the InvokerFactory, or the AbstractInvoker, so, because Jonas
InvokerFactory
only extends, for invocation(..) method calls from AbstractInvoker
(including
performInvocation), I would like to possibly refactor, as just mentioned,
Invoker and
InvokerFactory into RP (factory) provider and Invoker, with outside method
construct EJB packageable resource from component items, such as class
source,
web.xml file, etc. EJBInvoker would then extend JAXRSInvoker. RP would be
settable
as RP to JAXRSServerFactoryBean. If you disagree, obviously the final code
organization
policy is up to Apache and yourself, not me.

>Don't worry about the class scaner for now, please try to understand
>how EasyBeans sets up a CXF JAX-WS endpoint and follow the same
>process...

the easybeans package is called easybeans-cxf-extension, am I correct that
the easybeans bootstrap or cxfListener should be registered as an extension?
Perhaps I could set up an easybeans extension in cxf and try to deploy by
way of cxf jaxws serverFactory, or equivalent? I would need help verifying
correctness of JAX-WS Java code and xml config files and namespaces,
and perhaps help with Maven setup, such as ?plugin setup? I think to set
up a file without a parent would be best (if we go this direction) and to
place
all dependencies in that file.

I sent 4 other messages btw., in case you didn't read them.

Thanks,

Ryan