cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Zoerner <ryanzoer...@gmail.com>
Subject JAXRS EJBInvoker
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 04:16:12 GMT
It has been a while since I have written to the dev list, but I am working
on putting an JAXRSEJBInvoker together. The naive implementation (in this
case, that means rough draft), consists of taking JAXRSInvoker, replacing
all instances of that word with EJBInvoker, extending AbstractInvoker, and
adding in the code from the EJBInvoker found in geronimo. The main key
difference between JAXWSInvoker and EJBInvoker is that EJBInvoker hands
actual invocation responsibilities off to the EJB container instead of to
java method reflection. For the invoke method with 4 params, in
AbstractInvoker, the method can be directly replaced by the methods in
EJBInvoker. The only place where an actual invocation call is made is in
that method. The entire method is devoted to getting ready for the call to
performInvocation.

So that's what I've done so far, is merge EJBInvoker into JAXRSInvoker.

I now have had trouble building openEJB, however, I remember easyBeans
building fine. Also, I see that easyBeans is deployable on Jetty. I am
uncertain whether or how declaring an EJB container resource, using
?ResourceProvider? will cause jetty to deploy the endpoint through that
container, instead of through the Servlet container that it had been using
in the jaxrs examples (i think).

Since cxf abstract invoker is used, it may be that, without adding all of
the additional code from geronimo to cxf, it might be deployable anyway, as
EJB container, using jetty to deploy ejb resource ?

I am uncertain whether testing this invoker in this way is best, but it
seems that deploying easyBeans by converting the jaxrs basic http example to
EJB might be the simplest way to test this.

It all goes back to what information do you need to pass in to call the
method? Where are you passing it? What are you getting back? Where is it
going? That is all that the JAXRS Invoker was taking care of, as far as I
know, other than maintaining some record (stack) of contextual information
(and I'm not sure how long that history is saved, but from method call to
method call is my guess).

The only thing that the EJBInvoker does is retrieve a different set of
contextual information and defer to a different container.

It is now 11:13 which is sort of late for me, so I just listed what I think
I know; I did not publish a formal paper here. However, I would like to know
whether it sounds like I'm on the right track.

Thanks,

Ryan