cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Move trunk to 2.5 after 2.4.1?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:30:26 GMT
I've (mostly) completed a restructuring of the WS-RM code and tests to
allow interoperability with other stacks using WS-Addressing 1.5 with
WS-RM 1.0, and to add support for WS-RM 1.1/1.2. To avoid any
compatibility issues I've kept the CXF defaults to WS-RM 1.0 using the
submission (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing) version of
WS-Addressing, and that's mostly what I've been testing with so far.

I'd like to get the new code checked in so others can have access and
start contributing bugs and fixes, but given the size of the change it's
probably safer to do this outside of the current working version. So I
propose branching after the upcoming 2.4.1 release, and starting 2.5 on
the trunk. That way I can check this in as part of the build up to 2.5,
and it'll give us some nice new WS-RM features to help justify the point
release.

What do the other committers think of this?

Thanks,

   - Dennis