cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JAXRS EJBInvoker
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:22:03 GMT

On Jun 18, 2011, at 9:16 PM, Ryan Zoerner wrote:

> It has been a while since I have written to the dev list, but I am working
> on putting an JAXRSEJBInvoker together. The naive implementation (in this
> case, that means rough draft), consists of taking JAXRSInvoker, replacing
> all instances of that word with EJBInvoker, extending AbstractInvoker, and
> adding in the code from the EJBInvoker found in geronimo. The main key
> difference between JAXWSInvoker and EJBInvoker is that EJBInvoker hands
> actual invocation responsibilities off to the EJB container instead of to
> java method reflection. For the invoke method with 4 params, in
> AbstractInvoker, the method can be directly replaced by the methods in
> EJBInvoker. The only place where an actual invocation call is made is in
> that method. The entire method is devoted to getting ready for the call to
> performInvocation.
>
> So that's what I've done so far, is merge EJBInvoker into JAXRSInvoker.
>
> I now have had trouble building openEJB

Should be building fine now.  Also note that the OpenEJB/CXF integration (also based on the
G code) will automatically use Jetty if the libraries are in the classpath.  Works in embedded
or standalone modes.

Another committer, Romain, just started hacking on adding JAX-RS support right into the core
of OpenEJB (just committed some of that yesterday).  He hasn't yet gotten to the transport
part yet (the CXF part), but it sounds like between the two of you you'd have something working
in no time.

-David