cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CustomerService Project
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 09:43:06 GMT
Hi Ryan

I can see you trying very hard but I'm not sure what are trying to do
with Customer, ICustomerState, and 10 other methods that you have
there. I've only asked you to have Customer returning its state with
the help of subresource locator, and I haven't asked it so that I can
make this project more difficult for you but rather for you to feel
what you can do with JAX-RS, before you move on the the integration
part. May be I'm wrong with my strategy, I'm not sure.

As I said in the previous email, have Customer state set to some
initial values. Have only 2 methods, one is sub-resource locator (this
is a JAX-RS resource method which returns the object which will
complete the processing of the request and in our case it has to be
Customer object, it has to be "this" for this particular case) and the
other method is the final resource method with @GET which will return
the actual state and again, it has to be 'this' - because Customer is
XmlRootElement annotated.

Custom ResourceProvider for a 2nd endpoint needs to create Customer on
every request. It's irrelevant what this provider does, as far as the
task of returning Customer's state is concerned, I'm only asking you
to have a custom provider for you to understand how you can have the
lifecycle of JAX-RS root resources managed.

Lets have thisi task finished asap because what needs to be done is
the evaluation of how CXF JAXWS integrates with EJB and then we need
to figure out how to follow a similar approach with JAX-RS and then we
need to deal with the rest of integration issues, there's a lot of
work there so we really need to finish the "catching up with JAX-RS"
task asap.

Please start checking how CXF JAXWS integrates with EJB. Don't spend
time on the EJB tutorial with Glassfish - I'm sure it's all of high
quality there, but you need to find the fastest way to the target and
thus see how CXF JAX-WS manages it.

Try JBoss-CXF integration or Jonas and EasyBeans, I've checked the
link Guillaume Sauthier posted earlier on and implementing EJB service
factory/resource provider looked simple.

Also, please don't send all the details of the log traces to the dev
list, please send them to me directly but keep updating the dev list
on the progress. Ping me privately or on #cxf as well

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Application Integration Division of Talend
http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com