cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Zoerner <ryanzoer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic Http Demo and the refactoring that I did, in the course of figuring out how it worked.
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 09:42:27 GMT
In the paragraph, with the hyperlink to the jaxrs demo, I said this:

The client opens a printStream that is associated with the connection, and
from that connection the client obtains the return information that would
normally be
associated with a GET request. It may be that since the only @Path in
CustomerService
with "/customerservice/customers/{id}" is the GET method, that the service
automatically
just queries that @Path and assumes a GET request, since that method is
annotated with
the @GET annotation. If you annotated it with more than one HTTP
RequestType, I am unsure
what would happen at the moment. That said, here is the refactoring part of
the code.

However, I found this, in a stack trace:
May 12, 2011 4:29:04 AM org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils
findTargetMethod
WARNING: No operation matching request path /customer/123 is found,
HTTP Method : GET, ContentType : */*,
Accept : text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8,.

Apparently the findTargetMethod(?); method named above
takes care of selecting the HTTP method, at least in this case, based upon
what url is received. But I was right, no explicit GET method is sent, the
application simply selects, based upon input, which method to assume, or
use.

Ryan