cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1100162 - /cxf/trunk/rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/bus/spring/SpringBus.java
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 20:58:40 GMT
Hi,

On 05/11/2011 02:29 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I partially explained it in another message sitting in my outbox.  (I'm on a
> cruise ship heading to Bermuda.   Internet is 40 cents a minute for just
> better than dial up speed so I'm relying heavily on "work offline" mode)
;-)

> Basically, there are a bunch of scenarios where the TCCL needs to be set to
> the applications classloader.   WS-Security requires it for loading the Merlin
> stuff, various SAML2 things, etc...  [...]
OK, thanks for the explanation - I appreciate that -, it makes sense to
me now.
Btw, I spotted this exactly with a WS-Security scenario; basically the
client was redefining the thread context classloader to allow it seeing
the merlin conf stuff; however the thread was already associated with a
bus, which happened to have been created using the former thread context
classloader... and of course Merlin could not find the conf files when
the Bus started using the ClassLoader extension instead of the thread
context classloader. I fixed my client and I'm going to add some
explicit doc about this.
Cheers
Alessio

--