cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: GSoC: Integrate CXF JAX-RS with EJB
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:34:27 GMT
Forwarding to the dev list...

Do we actually have an EJB JAX-WS invoker on the trunk ? Ryan can definitely
play with the JBossWS distribution, in order to get the idea of how the CXF
EJBInvoker can be done, but I guess he does not even need to it, it is
probably can be regarded as a general FAQ ?

thanks, Sergey

Please checkout the CXF 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT trunk,
do
'mvn install -Pfastinstall'
'mvn -Psetup.eclipse'

then import the projects from the trunk.
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs is the module containing the JAX-RS impl.

Go to systests/jaxrs and debug one of the system tests, ex,
JAXRSClientServerBookTest (), update "launchServer(BookServer.class)" to
launchServer(BookServer.class, true)" and run one of the tests in the debug
mode. Set breakpoints in JAXRSInInterceptor and JAXRSInvoker and see how
things work.

So one of the tasks is to get a better understanding of how CXF JAX-RS is
implemented. Check CXF JAX-RS docs.

Next: download an EJB3 app server, JBoss 6.0 Community Edition or GlassFish.
With JBoss you can actually try their CXF EJBInvoker and see how EJBs are
exposed as SOAP WebServices and invoked upon; the task is understand how a
custom CXF EJB invoker can be created, creating a CXF JAX-RS invoker is the
next stage, most likely it will be identical to the JAX-WS one.

Next: try this CXF JAX-RS invoker in practice by doing a simple demo/etc

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Application Integration Division of Talend <http://www.talend.com>
http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com