cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Any idea why ws.rm.ServerPersistenceTest fails from time to time?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:20:49 GMT
Hi,
this is an old issue discussed in
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Any-idea-why-ws-rm-ServerPersistenceTest-fails-from-time-to-time-td3298549.html
and tracked in CXF-3179.

I also thought the cause to be some timing issue.
I needed to have this test case to succeed more reliably.
But sometimes even with a long waiting time, the first part of the
test already failed.
So, I looked into it and found another problem.

This test is using the message loss simulator in the server's outbound
chain. That means, in the first part of the test, among the three
greeter replies from the server, the second one should get lost.
However, as the server is sending out responses concurrently and the
message loss simulator's operation isn't synchronized, I observed that
sometimes two successive messages were getting lost. And when this
situation happens, the first part of the test will be failing.

When I made the MessageLossSimulator's handleMessage method
synchronized to avoid this problem, this problem disappeared and it
seems the waiting time can even be made shorter.

Regards, Aki