cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question for CXF developers - level of support for W3C SOAP/JMS specification
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:49:59 GMT
On Monday 18 April 2011 6:22:57 PM Eric Johnson wrote:

> > Looking at the test suite itself:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/systests/transports/src/test/ja
> > va/org/apache/cxf/jms/testsuite/testcases
>
> Oh, excellent - I hadn't actually noticed where those were in the source
> tree. Looks like they moved slightly:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/systests/transport-jms/src/test/j
> ava/org/apache/cxf/jms/testsuite/services/

Yea.   The JMS stuff was split out a week or so ago to help reduce some build
times and dependency things and such.   Glad you found it.   :-)

> > I do see some tests that are missing from the official suite:
> > http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html
> >
> > What I DON'T know is if the features tested by those tests are not
> > implemented in CXF or just not tested or possibly tested as part of one
> > of the other tests.    If anyone would like to fill those in, I'd be
> > happy to review and apply any patches.
>
> That, in and of itself is useful - some of those tests don't matter,
> because they don't address portions of the specification that are
> normative (we "demoted" the WSDL 2.0 support, because we didn't
> anticipate two interoperable versions.)
>
> I did a cross-reference on all those tests, and it looks like the one
> we're missing is Protocol-2070

Well, the good news is that I believe it is already supported.   If you look
in
rt/transports/jms/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/jms/uri/JMSEndpointTest.java
in method testReplyToNameParameters there are some tests for testing to make
sure the topicReplyToName and such are properly set on the endpoint and the
class:
rt/transports/jms/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/jms/uri/JMSEndpointParser.java
does parse those attributes.   Thus, I'm "pretty sure" it already works.
Obviously a real test would be great.  :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org