cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC. CXF-48 / WSDL 2.0 Support
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 01:14:46 GMT
On Thursday 14 April 2011 9:01:46 PM Benson Margulies wrote:
> In my opinion, making the schema system pluggable would be pretty
> painful. I wonder if we could just push woden to 2.0? Or does that run
> afoul of the state of Axis?

Well, I'm thinking possily more along the lines of "removable" instead of
plugable.   For example, wsdl4j just returns DOMs for the schema.   It might
be "useful" to somehow allow Woden to do the same.  Thus, any type system
could be used.   For example, in the woden-api schemas package, remove the 2
methods that deal with XmlSchema directly and instead shift them to some sort
of other interface that the Schema impl objects COULD implement as well.  We
could add implementations taht just don't implement those.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org