cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1089385 - /cxf/trunk/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/interceptor/Fault.java
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:00:41 GMT
On Wednesday 06 April 2011 9:48:34 AM Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I think the cause of the exception is very import to diagnose problems
> but I also understand that the leakage of security information is a big
> problem.
>
> So how about introducing a config setting that controls if the cause and
> stacktrace is transmitted.
> So for development systems the users may set the flag to true and for
> production systems they set it to false.

There is already some level of support for this.    If you add
"faultStackTraceEnabled" "true" as a property (endpoint property, bus
property, etc...), then the stack trace is added to the details for the fault.

That said, it's likely not tested very well (and likely not documented) and
I'm not sure if it digs through all the causes or not or if it's just the
stack trace for the root cause.   I think it's ALSO only for Soap 1.1.

However, I'd definitely support updates to that code to push it into a common
superclass of the two SoapFaultOut interceptors or into the
FaultOutInterceptor in rt/core and update it to be more flexible about sending
the internal causes and such.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp