cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LogBrowser project is on the trunk
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:51:48 GMT
Hi Tomasz

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Tomasz Oponowicz <tomasz.oponowicz@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Sergey,
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Tomasz
> >
> > I'm finishing some work for AtomPullServer be able to connect to the
> > existing file logs, I saw you committing some relevant updates to the
> > LogBrowser code too, thanks. I'll will experiment with the Filter dialog
> > shortly.
>
> I've just added logic to "Filter" dialog box.
>
> It doesn't work because we have to talk about how should I pass
> attributes to AtomPullServer. At the moment I'm building URL:
>

> <endpoint_url>?_s=date=ge=1299668400000;date=lt=1300273200000;level==DEBUG;level==WARN
>
> How should I pass an array of levels?

';' means 'and' while ',' means 'or' so in this case we have to use ',' :

<endpoint_url>?_s=level==WARN,level==DEBUG

Dates need to be passed differently, you can probably use the following
code:

String format = "yyyy-MM-dd";
String date = new SimpleDateFormat(format).format(date);
and add it to the query.

I'll need to write a test involving dates as well.

I've made assumption that feed's links (i.e. next, previous etc) will
> contain filtering attributes.

Yes, exactly, I've already written few tests confirming it.

> > What I'd really appreciate if you could help me with the following, hope
> it
> > will take just a fraction of your time:
> >
> > - Remove the Authentication/SignIn/SignOut related code/resources. We
> just
> > don't have time now to deal with the authentication/security issues and
> we'd
> > need to have another discussion later on about it. I believe you agreed
> > it too.
>
> I'm working on it right now. I almost finished.
>
> > - Explain a bit which code/script deals with processing the dates. I know
> > you spent a lot of time on trying to reproduce the application exception,
> > including testing it on Ubuntu, but I'd like to give it a try and see if
> > can spot something that causes the issue on my particular OS - if I can
> > trace it to some bad Java or Firefox installation then I'll get relaxed
> > :-)...
>
> I will give more details at this afternoon.

thanks again :-)

> > Thanks,  Sergey
> >

> > On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> String text = columnDefinition.getContent(entry);
> >>
> >> in SelectableTable.setData
> >>
> >> is causing it,
> >>
> >> and it's only happening when the Date column is filled in, the Level
> >> and Message are fine.
> >>
> >> Looks like the code co0nverting the Atom/http-format date is brittle a
> bit
> >>
> >> cheers, Sergey

> it

> the