cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LogBrowser project is on the trunk
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:13:05 GMT
Hi Tomasz

> > Can you do a sanity check please and confirm that only those filter
> fields
> > which are selected are added to the URI ?
> > Example, if the filter becomes empty then the query is set to null/empty
> > value, if only the 'from'  date field selected then it is
> >
> > _s=date=lt=2011-03-07
> >
> > only. And yes, the message value should have '*' symbols on both ends of
> the
> > entered value....
>
> Done.
>
> Some variations from current implementation:
>

> /log/logs?_s=phrase==*test%20test*;date=ge=2011-03-17;date=lt=2011-03-07;(level==INFO,level==WARN)
>
> /log/logs?_s=phrase==*test*;date=ge=2011-03-17;date=lt=2011-03-07;(level==INFO,level==WARN)
> /log/logs?_s=level==INFO,level==WARN
> /log/logs?_s=date=ge=2011-03-23

That is exactly what is needed, nice...A very minor fix is needed - replace
'phrase' with 'message' - this is because LogRecord has a property
'message', it's really a minor issue...

> > One thing I noticed in your merge email is that it said that storing the
> > user settings in the local cache was also removed. But we should actually
> > keep it ? So that after we start the browser again it remembers the
> > information about the endpoints ? If you did remove this code then please
> > restore it...
>
> At the moment it works like:
>
> - Start application;
> - Load settings from BootStrapStorage web service to memory (later we
> use settings from memory);
> - There is synchronization with BootStrapStorage when you
> add/remove/edit endpoint;
>
> ...this solution is according to your quote:
>
> "
> I think it makes sense to keep the list of endpoints and the filter
> properties the current user has created. *But*, these settings just
> need to shared across multiple restarts of
> the browser between all the users. This is because I don't really
> think it is realistic that one user
> will want to see EndpointA only,  the other one, EndpointB, etc.
> So lets keep it - I'm not worried about many users using different
> browsers for checking the logs of the single server :-)
> "
>
> ...I think it's a good idea - users can share settings.
>
> So you only removed per-user specific settings - that is ok, thanks...

> I don't consider filter options as settings. It's something per user
> and only during the session.
>
> Sounds good - lets see if users will want to keep them across restarts,
good for now...

I think we're getting close enough to finalizing the current code on the
trunk. I still have to trace that Date issue, and play a bit with the
browser checking the files, but I think things are looking good.

Probably one open issue is to figure out what to do with different .js
scripts. ? The scripts which are in the rt/management-web module, can they
be Apache licensed ? Dan - what do you think ?
The script which is shipped with the log browser demo - should we remove it
and just use a plain client code to do the invocations for the logs be
generated ?

thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin