cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SeachConditionBuilder for CXF JAX-RS clients
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:15:42 GMT
Hi Andy

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Andrzej Michalec <
andrzej.michalec@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just FYI, I'm updating FiqlParser for the date format be configurable
> (via
> > context properties) because we can expect dates in all sort of formats,
>
> Sergey, FIQL RFC draft explicitly states the only date format which is XML
> Schema dateTime
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#dateTime).

Sorry, I actually missed that fact.

> Nevertheless
> I am ok with such relaxation and customized date formats as long as we keep
> defaults as in spec.

Sounds good, I did a simple update where the defaults are the ones you were
using originally.
I think I can add some code later on to do the validation. I've looked at
[1] and it seems ISO-8601 is lax enough about the possible variations. My
motivation was to make it simpler to use date-based queries, example, I have
a test with two log files, created and closed at different dates, say
2011-01-22 and 2011-01-23. So having 'date=lt=2011-01-23' is a simple way to
check all the records before 2011-01-23. But I agree - we'll need to enforce
it...

> > Hope it won't interfere with your refactoring (the hiding of query()),
>
> I am fine, I am going to do that this weekend, so I will update to head and
> move on.
>
> I left query() unchanged, only added another constructor and then the
optional properties are passed to PartialConditions and also made visible to
children...

thanks, Sergey

cheers,