cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding value to WS-RM feature
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:49:34 GMT
On Thursday 24 March 2011 7:57:17 AM Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> I'm trying to add an addressing namespace value to the WS-RM feature
> configuration, to allow switching to the recommendation namespace (since
> using the submission namespace makes WS-RM fail interoperability with
> other implementations). I'd like to have something like this:
>
> <wsrm-mgr:reliableMessaging>
> <wsrm-mgr:addressingNamespace>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing</wsrm-mg
> r:addressingNamespace> ...
> </wsrm-mgr:reliableMessaging>
>
> but I can't seem to get this (or variations) to work. Adding the element
> to wsrm-manager-types.xsd and wsrm-manager.xsd and rebuilding doesn't
> make anything obvious happen. How do I do this?

Adding it to the xsd stuff would just be the first step.  The next step would
be to update the RMManagerBeanDefinitionParser to process that element.   Most
likely, you just need to add the "addressingNamepace" handing around line 65
in the handleElement.     This is definitely a good start as it provides a
good "global" level setting.

HOWEVER, what might also be good is to support a contextual property as well.
Whereever we setup the WS-RM stuff for the endpoint/client, we would just call
something like:

msg.getContextualProperty("ws-rm.addressing.namespace")

and use the value it returns and just use what's configued into the RMManager
if null.    That would allow simple per-endpoint/client configuration as
properties on the jaxws:client/endpoint elements like the ws-security-policy
things.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org