cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LogBrowser project is on the trunk
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 02:21:32 GMT
On Tuesday 15 March 2011 6:25:14 PM Tomasz Oponowicz wrote:
> > Probably one open issue is to figure out what to do with different .js
> > scripts. ? The scripts which are in the rt/management-web module, can
> > they be Apache licensed ? Dan - what do you think ?
>
> There are:
>
> * json2.min.js - Public Domain;
> * uuid.min.js - Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses;

Both licenses are fine, but we need to note them in the NOTICE file.

You'll need to create a
src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/NOTICE
file that contains whatever text would be required.

For example, in the javascript module, the NOTICE there has:

Portions of the file cxf-utils.js derives from code marked:
This code was written by Tyler Akins and has been placed in the
public domain.  It would be nice if you left this header intact.
Base64 code from Tyler Akins -- http://rumkin.com

You can use that as a guideline.

You'll also need to update
distribution/src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/NOTICE
with the same info for the release assemplies to pick up.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org