cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject 2.4 later this month.....
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:31:17 GMT

I'm thinking of building 2.4 at some point later this month.

Basically, it will have been about 6 months since 2.3 was release which is a
pretty good amount of time.     In that time, we've integrated a couple of the
GSoC projects, we've introduced some new features in the JAX-RS stuff, and
we've integrated new  versions of XmlSchema, Neethi, and WSS4J which provide a
lot of new functionality.   On the security front, the new SAML2 support in
WSS4J and all the updates in CXF to support that is huge.   Also, a lot of
testing has gone into the WS-Security/WS-Trust stuff, particularly with other
STS providers, to help enhance the interopability.

Right now, I see two "risks":
1) WSS4J - we obviously need a release of WSS4J 1.6.   Colm has a good handle
on it with a "beta" out there for people to look at.  However, I'm not sure if
the Axis/Rampart people will get a chance to look at it.

2) Neethi - we need a release of this as well.   Andreas has already upgraded
all of Axis2 to using the new Neethi snapshots.    I've gotten a lot of
feedback from them already, bugs encountered, fixed, etc....

Thoughts or additional comments?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org