cxf-dev mailing list archives

From robert <rob...@gliesian.com>
Subject Re: When do we drop Java 5 support?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:06:43 GMT
Just FYI...

Java SE 5.0 went EOL October 2009:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html.

Extended Oracle business support for Java SE 5.0 ends May 2014.  Though
premier supports ends May 2011, which is coming right up.

Considering Java SE 7, I personally feel that Camel did the right
thing.

-- Robert

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:55:56 -0600, Craig Tataryn <craiger@tataryn.net>
wrote:
> I'm *soo* glad I'm out of WAS 6.1 land now, this statement would have
> sent me running for the hills.  :)
>
> Craig.
>
> On 2011-02-22, at 2:45 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> now that camel dropped Java 5 I am asking myself when will we also drop support for
Java 5 in CXF? As CXF 2.4.0 allows some bigger changes than a minor version we could do that
in my opinion.