cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WADLs
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:06:06 GMT
Hi Demetris

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Demetris <demetris@ece.neu.edu> wrote:

> Apologies for my late posting. I missed the later postings on this by a few
> of you.
> If it helps that's awesome otherwise you can just ignore it.

no problems, thanks for contributing to this thread

> On 2/27/2011 10:48 PM, Demetris wrote:
>>
>> May be this can help -
>>
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-wadlwsdl/index.html
>>
>> WSDL (pre-2.0) describes SOAP engpoints. WSDL 2.0 includes appropriate
>> annotations
>> for REST services. WADL is geared towards description of resources which
>> is what
>> REST/HTTP is based on.
>>
>> I agree with Glen a bit on the JMS/RESTful services but I need to do a bit
>> more research on that.

There is only one reason why CXF JAX-RS supports the routing of the
JMS messages to the JAX-RS endpoints.

Those CXF users who have invested their time and effort into building
JAX-RS-only services should have the possibility to reuse the same
code for accepting the messages routed to it via different channels
(JMS being just one of them). There are many other options, without
even CXF being involved, but as far as us working on the CXF are
concerned, we would like to provide the options at the CXF level...

Cheers, Sergey