cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Handling off-list emails
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:42:52 GMT
Thanks, appreciate it!

On 2/28/2011 4:40 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
> Forgiven.  Thanks for the apology.
>
> Jeff
>

> On Feb 28, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> Agreed.  The CXF PMC also held that Jeff's email simply didn't reach a level warranting
public airing, given the general view--in which I've grown more in agreement with--that *no*
email warrants such airing.  Any types of questionable emails are best sent to the internal
private@cxf.apache.org lists anyway for proper handling.

>> Further, I'd have to offer a huge caveat that my advice was non-lawyerly, as you'd
probably also have to look into libel and/or invasion of privacy issues depending on the contents
of the email publicly disclosed.  Such actions are rarely a good idea.

>> I apologize to Jeff for any grandstanding on my part over his email, as well as the
dev list airing of it, and most especially, any false implication that bothersome emails are
common from him.  I hope he'll forgive me for it.

>> Thanks Craig.
>>
>> Glen
>>
>> On 2/27/2011 9:21 AM, Craig Tataryn wrote:
>>> I'm still waiting to see one of the "abusive" emails you speak of Glen.  So far
you just kind of come off as a goof.

>>> And enough with the "inactive" jabs, Jeff's paid his dues. You don't question
a Sensei's belt just because you weren't around when he was competing.

--
Glen Mazza
Software Engineer, Talend (http://www.talend.com)