cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Re: When do we drop Java 5 support?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:27:19 GMT
Speaking from the field, you do not want to drop 1.5.  There are organization out there that
are not moving to 1.6 (or are moving very slowly) out of fear of Oracle's collecting royalties
under the 1.6 redistribution terms.

CXF is meant to be an embedded library.  If you drop support for 1.5, you will find users
who will not upgrade.  At a minimum, CXF should support 1.5 on one of its branches.

Not everyone out there has the luxury of being on the bleeding edge.

-Fred